Policies and Procedures
Colorado Sports Chiropractic, Physiotherapy, and Massage aims to provide the highest quality care and values spending more time with each patient to achieve optimal results in a shorter period. We have found that the limitations placed by insurance companies impede patient progress and restrict providers' continuum of care. By being an out of network provider, we are ensuring the highest quality of individualized care for our patients!
Our goal is to give patients as many financial options as possible to remove the stress of payment so that you can focus on your rehab and recovery. Outlined below you will find options available to make treatment more affordable to avoid interruption of service due to payment.
1. METHOD OF PAYMENT: Payment is due at the time of service. The amount due for services will depend on whether you have insurance, are self-pay, or are going through a Third-Party Administrator. See below for further information regarding each of these. The accompanying adult to a minor patient is responsible for payment. For your convenience we accept credit card, cash, and personal checks.
2. INSURANCE: We are out-of-network (OON) with all insurance providers and only Dr. Schroeder is a participating Medicare provider. Our services are rendered to you, not your insurance company. In most cases we will call to verify your insurance benefits. However, the benefits quoted to us by your insurance company are not a guarantee of payment. Should you choose to bill your insurance using your OON benefits, we will provide courtesy billing to your insurance on your behalf. You will be responsible for paying the insurance rates at the time of your visit. After we receive the explanation of benefits (EOB) from your insurance provider, there may be differences in what was paid at the time of your visit and what is necessary to collect based on patient responsibility or deductible accrual. You are also responsible for these remaining balances per your insurance agreement.
3. SELF-PAY: If you either do not have insurance coverage or chose to not use your insurance benefits, you can use our self-pay and/or package options. Single session and package rates are in our Service Guide. All rates are expected at the time of your visit with the exception being the ten package sessions. These can be split into two payments, the first being due at the time of the first visit, the second being due four weeks later or at the sixth visit, whichever occurs first. If the second payment is not completed, you will be responsible for the full price of any previous and future services rendered. Specific payment plans can be set up on a case-by-case basis if the patient is able to provide proof of their financial need.
4. THIRD PARTY ADMINISTRATOR (Personal Injury/Auto Injury/Worker’s Comp): Please advise our office on your first visit whenever you have one of the above claims. We will work with any insurance companies/attorneys involved, but please remember that you are ultimately responsible for your bill if payment cannot be obtained from another party. If you, your attorney, or the insurance company does not cooperate in protecting the doctor’s interest, we will not await payment and may declare the entire balance due and payable immediately.
5. COLLECTIONS: If a collection agency’s services are required, the patient agrees to pay for all legal fees, court costs, reasonable attorney fees, and collection agency fees in connection to the patient’s debt. If the debt is not paid within 45 days, we will begin to incur interest at the rate of 1.5% monthly or 18% annually until the debt is paid. The patient also understands that to collect the patient’s debt, the patient’s credit history may be checked using the patient’s social security number or any other information the patient has given to Colorado Sports Chiropractic.
6. MISSED APPOINTMENT: The time reserved for your appointment is completely one-on-one with our therapists, allowing us to provide a higher quality of care. Therefore, out of respect for our therapists’ time and livelihood, we kindly ask for at least 24 hours notice if you need to cancel an appointment. If there is a cancellation with less than 24 hours notice, you will still be responsible for the full cost of your session. The charges will be your responsibility and billed directly to you. Please help us to serve you better by keeping your regular scheduled appointment.